I’d like 2015 to be the year when I really get the hang of this whole ‘growing stuff’ thing – we’ve taken on half an allotment and I’m keeping the three raised beds at the bottom of the garden too so I need to be a bit better organised…
In 2014, some crops went very well as this previous post outlined.
And some were a bit of a disaster – for 2015 I’m hoping for a lot more of the former.
So, my resolutions for the year ahead are:
1. Plan ahead – list the crops I want to grow, check the seeds I already have & stock up
accordingly and work out a monthly sowing schedule.
2. Sow little and often, staggering the harvest so we don’t risk wasting anything I’ve grown.
3. Grow more flowers – loved my sweet peas and marigolds this year and want to have more flowers I can cut for the house, as well as pots of them on the patio.
4. Waste less – we have three big compost bins and two bokashi bins now so plenty of
opportunity to ‘recycle’ anything we don’t eat as well as peelings etc. We’ve got a plan to have
some chickens on the allotment too, so that will help.
5. Keep on top of the weeding and general maintenance, little and often will be easier to
Think that will do me for now – I might need to give up work though, it is going to be
challenging to fit all this gardening in too! 😉