Mystery solved

Decided to repot a tomato plant which was in too small a pot and beginning to struggle – and saw this when I got it out of its container:
IMG_0177
I carefully picked it out, to find that it was a row of carefully wrapped leaves, containing some sort of pupae
10389690_10152266698686589_4350529178338013224_n
I’d got no idea what could have done this – but the wonders of social media meant that I got an answer fairly quickly – a leaf cutting bee! Which also explains the strangely cut out leaves on lots of my flowers…
We’ve put the pupae in a container in the greenhouse and hopefully it will still manage to hatch out (if that is the right technical term!).

Advertisements

One thought on “Mystery solved

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s